activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing default persistence data?
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:47:00 GMT
If the messages are acked the storage will be reclaimed in time, once the
data file that they occupy is no longer referenced. Verify that your
consumers are indeed doing an ack or transaction commit. The size of the
datafiles and the cleanup/checkpoint period have an effect on this behavior.
Doing a purge will remove pending messages in a queue, messages that have
not yet been consumed, I does not sound like that is what you want.
Are you on 5.3.0?