activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: network of brokers forward problem
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:46:13 GMT
If strict order delivery is a requirement then this is true.
Otherwise, from a producer point of view, any broker in the network will
work so availability improves the more brokers you add.
yes, messages can be stuck for a period, but a consumer that randomly
connects to a broker in the network and assuming brokers eventually restart,
all messages will get consumed.
For example, if you add a third broker (broker3) and consumer from that,
when broker 2 restarts, messages can flow to broker 3 (just not back to
their origin atm) so they are available from two locations.

Having said all that, we do need to fix AMQ-2324.