activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: slow KahaDB access
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:20:49 GMT
the difference is in fsync behavior of the two systems. Some drive/OS
combinations do not actually go to the disk, others do.

There is a little utility in kahaDB from 5.3 that will demonstrate the
raw disk performance w.r.t fsync and you can compare the two systems.

java -classpath lib/kahadb-5.3.0.jar org.apache.kahadb.util.DiskBenchmark

by default it writes to a file in the current directory and spits out
results you can compare.