activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Can embedded amq brokers (in Tomcat) form Master/Slave topology?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:16:18 GMT
Hi Kevin,

the first question is what you want to achieve,

In Master/Slave configuration only one broker (master) is active and others
wait for it to fail so another master is chosen. See
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html for more info.

In network of brokers configuration, all brokers are active and exchange
messages between them. See
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html for more info.

Anyway it is important to first realize what are your needs and then choose
the right topology.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net