activemq-users mailing list archives

From ksun <kaiqin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can embedded amq brokers (in Tomcat) form Master/Slave topology?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:51:13 GMT

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for your quick response!

What I want to achieve is we need to have messages HA (at any time only one
ActiveMQ is active) and also all topics, queues and messages can be
replicated among AMQs. As I know, network of brokers doesn't provide message
replication function.

Also I am not sure whether or not if I embed AMQ in Tomcat, the AMQ will
still have the same features as the standalone one. So if I want to have an
embedded Master/Slave topology (in Tomcat), can I do that?

By the way, the reason to have an embedded Master/Slave topology is we want
to simplify our deployment. When installing our application in Tomcat, we
will integrate AMQ installation together. So there is no need for us to have
a second independent AMQ installation process. After installation, when
every Tomcat starts up, we want every AMQ starts up and finally forms an
Master/Slave topology. This is our use case.

Please give me some help for this topic!:-)

Thanks,
Kevin