activemq-users mailing list archives

From jhakim <jawaid.ha...@codestreet.com>
Subject Creating message from byte[]
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:55:04 GMT

I would like to create a large (40+ MB) MapMessage, get its byte[], compress
the bytes, and send it across the wire as a BytesMessage. On the receiving
side, I would like to read the byte[], uncompress, and create the original
MapMessage from the byte[].

We have been using this strategy with great success using TIBCO EMS. We have
a mix of clients - Java and C#.

As we look at ActiveMQ as an alternative to TIBCO EMS, I am wondering if
there is an API that would let us implement the same strategy. Specifically,
is there an API to get the byte[] from a MapMessage and to create a
MapMessage from a byte[]?

Thanks in advance.