activemq-users mailing list archives

From moreno9000 <moreno.ma...@italtel.it>
Subject Re: How to "activate" an interceptor
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:16:21 GMT

Yes,
I want to discard sent messages if number of pending messages
exceed a predefined limit.
The reasons for this choice are:

AMQ side: I'd like to prevent problems due to a queue with
a high number of pending messages. In 5.1 release I saw that
consumers stop receving messages from a queue with too
many messages previously not consumed. This doesn't happen
in 5.3, but in 5.3 I wasn't able to advice a producer that it was
filling the queue so...

Client side: I'd like to raise an exception to producer in order
to say it "Please, stop sending messages till messages are read
by a consumer".