activemq-users mailing list archives

From moreno9000 <moreno.ma...@italtel.it>
Subject How to "activate" an interceptor
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:15:02 GMT

Hi,
I'd like to write an interceptor that controls the size of a queue
(number of messages in the queue) and throws an exception
if the queue has reached a predefined limit.

I wrote two classes.
The first one (ItlPlugin class) implements BrokerPlugin.
The second one (ItlBroker class) extends BrokerFilter.
In AMQ XML conf file I declare to use ItlPLugin.

Everything is ok (plugin is installed during AMQ startup),
but now I don't know how to "activate" the interceptor
(probably, I haven't understood interceptor's logic :-().

Do I need to override one of BrokerFilter's methods
in order to control queue size and throws the exception?

This method is "automatically" called when a message
is sent to AMQ or a client (producer) has to explicitly
call it?

I apologize for this newbie's question.
Thanks in advance
Moreno