activemq-users mailing list archives

From Saurbaum <ian.newb...@revolutiongames.net>
Subject C++ client for ActiveMQ discarding messages before reaching the consumer
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:35:47 GMT

I'm trying to use ActiveMQ with the C++ API (CMS).

Trying is the key phrase here.  On some clients when connecting to some
servers the messages seem to be discarded somewhere inside the API.  Using
Wireshark we can see them arriving via the socket and the logging from
ActiveMQ shows it reaching as far as the API.

However, on clients that do work the message is responded to with an
acknowledge and is also passed to the consumer.  On the clients that fail
the messages aren't acknowledged and my consumer doesn't even know something
has happened.

There doesn't seem to be a reason why some machines can't connect to one
server but can to another.  All exist on the same subnet and the only
differences in the logs are from the unique ID's.

It would be really helpful if someone knew how to get CMS to tells us why it
has decided not to acknowledge some of these messages or if anyone knows of
some setting we should be initialising by default and have might have
missed?  All that we use currently the address of the server and the port
number.

P.S.  Appologies if this arrives twice, the web server seemed to die when I
tried to submit last time.