activemq-users mailing list archives

From JeffSmith <y24...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compact Framework Support for NMS
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:37:22 GMT

Wow - ok... Thanks for the quick response.

We were just in the process of designing a large application rewrite effort
on using ActiveMQ as our message provider with the need for a mix of Windows
CE handheld devices and full Windows XP devices at our many locations.

What are our options for these Windows CE devices?  I just started reading
about Apache Camel - but I'm not sure I fully understand it yet.  I know
that OpenMQ has a product called UMS which is a middle layer that accepts
HTTP requests and changes them to be messaging requests.  I haven't figured
out if that is the sort of thing Camel does as well or not...  I think that
sort of thing would work for us but I'm not sure if request/reply messaging
is correctly supported when doing HTTP.  I believe IBM MQ Series has a
similar thing, but I'm not sure yet.

Is there some sort of ActiveMQ technique to accept these messaging requests
from other "non-standard" languages or systems?

Thanks - Jeff