activemq-users mailing list archives

From jwotman <jwot...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: hasFrameToRead always returns false after first message
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:20:48 GMT

OK.  I see now that the stomp client does not allow reading of next message
until the message already read has been acknowledged.  This does not match
with what we need.  Ideally, we'd like to "browse" the queue with Stomp and
then acknowledge messages out of order when and if the operation connected
with the message succeeds as part of a separate STOMP session.  Messages are
being sent with INDIVIDUAL_ACKNOWLEDGE.   As a less desirable solution,
we've implemented a message feed, using a servlet and then the php
application can acknowledge any message when it needs.

Is there another way to do this purely using STOMP?

Hi Dejan:

Thanks for the correction.  However, I'm getting the same result.