activemq-users mailing list archives

From cko1986 <chitrakojha...@gmail.com>
Subject PUT Request to Apache for file upload doesn't fail for a negative case
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:11:22 GMT

Hi All,

I am making a PUT request to Apache to upload a file into a particular
directory. That works well. Here's where it fails. If the directory doesn't
exist, I expect an error from the server. However, Apache takes the
non-existing directory and truncates the path after that and uploads the
file with the name of the directory.
Example: http://www.example.com/dir1/foo.txt
Suppose the file I am uploading is bar.txt

"dir1" doesn't exist and the request should fail. But, it creates a file
called "dir1" with the contents of "bar.txt"

Is there a way to turn the truncation feature off.

Thanks for the help.

cko