activemq-users mailing list archives

From SelvarajAM <selvara...@hcl.in>
Subject Re: Activemq broker hangs when stomp client disconnects unexpectedly
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:39:36 GMT

Hi Gary,

  Thanks for your reply.
  I have attached my jconsole screen shot. Kindly have a look at it.

  Though the client connection is lost (or has got error), jconsole says it
is NOT BLOCKED and NOT SLOW.

  Also i tried all the configuaration for discarding the messages as in
http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html
  But it did not work. Just the memory increases and activemq stops.
  I dont know why the configuration is not working.

  Can you please tell me where to configure the timeouts????

  One thing i noticed is, in jconsole->Connection->Stomp->[Diconnected
Client]->Operations->stop()
  when i send the stop command, activemq started sending messages to other
clients without any problem.

  But i dont know how to identify the disonnected client...and close it
programatically...

  Another strange thing i see in jconsole is, the TotalDequeue count is less
compared to TotalEnqueue count.

  Below is the xml configuration which i use to reproduce the issue. The
system memory is very less (1mb) inorder to reproduce it faster.

  <beans
    xmlns:amq="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
    http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core.xsd">

      <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
persistent="false" useJmx="true"  brokerName="PRI" >

  	<destinationPolicy>
              <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                  <policyEntry topic="a" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1 mb">
  			<pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
                			<constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="10"/>
              		</pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
              	</policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
              </policyMap>
          </destinationPolicy>

          <systemUsage>
              <systemUsage>
                  <memoryUsage>
                      <memoryUsage limit="1 mb"/>
                  </memoryUsage>
                  <storeUsage>
                      <storeUsage limit="1 mb" name="foo"/>
                  </storeUsage>
                  <tempUsage>
                      <tempUsage limit="1 mb"/>
                  </tempUsage>
              </systemUsage>
          </systemUsage>

          <transportConnectors>
  			<transportConnector name="StompNio"
uri="stomp://0.0.0.0:8084?jms.dispatchAsync=true"/>
  			<transportConnector name="Nio" uri="nio://0.0.0.0:8086"/>
  			<transportConnector name="Tcp" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:8087"/>
          </transportConnectors>
      </broker>
</beans>
   http://old.nabble.com/file/p26299914/Broker.jpg