activemq-users mailing list archives

From Wais <hackw...@gmail.com>
Subject Race conditions
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2009 14:33:17 GMT

Hi,

I've got one machine (x) publish to activemq where there are 2 subscribers
(y, z). y is a databse that logs all the events as they happen within this
system, the z is a machine which acts in response to messages published by
x.

So, I am worried by this scenario.

x publishes to active mq, z reacts and also publishes to activemq. This
happens very quickly (probably < 1/5th of a millisecond). What I'm afraid
off is that due to thread switching, the message by z may be picked up by y
before the message by x. Does activemq guarantee the order of messages in
this way?

Thanks,

Wais