activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Receiving old messages on durable topics after application restart using ActiveMQ two node cluster
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:34:15 GMT

I have noticed the same thing. If your failover connector includes the two
nodes, then it is likely that your application - as a result of restarts -
has pollinated both brokers with the same durable subscription. However,
within the context of the network of brokers, they are viewed as different
durable subscriptions for the same topic? I tried setting 'dynamicOnly' to
'true', but that did not make a difference.  You can cut down on the
liklihood of pollinating both brokers by setting 'randomize' to 'false'.
This would force your consumer to always connect to the first broker on the
list. Another option is to use 'virtual topics' in combination with
'dynamicOnly' being set to 'true'.

http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com