activemq-users mailing list archives

From bnortman <BNort...@integrien.com>
Subject Need help figuring out how to configure ActiveMQ.xml
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:43:10 GMT

Just started using ActiveMQ 5.3

I have 1 producer and 1 consumer on a queue. Right now I have problems where
my consumer is busy and can't keep up. After a while ActiveMQ will run out
of memory and crash and then my product doesn't work to well. I've tried
different methods of using destinationPolicies and can't find any good idea
on how to configure it to do what I want.

What I want it to do is only use so much memory lets say 128 MB and store
the rest to disk.  I need strictOrder.  If the disk uses more than lets say
1 GB then I want it to not accept any more info from the producers, but keep
send to consumers. Once it gets below the limit of it can start sending
again.