activemq-users mailing list archives

From bwillis <bwil...@teldio.com>
Subject Stomp Connection Dispatcher Fails on NPE
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:41:47 GMT

We have been using ActiveMQ 5.2 on Windows for about 6months with a
relatively low message throughput (a maximum usage 1 message every 4
seconds, nothing crazy) and it was working perfectly.  We have several
clients that connect through either an OpenWire or Stomp connection and
communicate through Queues.

Several days ago I started testing higher throughput (several
messages/second) messaging by publishing to a Queue from an OpenWire
connection and consuming the message on a Stomp connection.  At some point
there is a failure in the Dispatcher for the Stomp connection and my client
stops receiving messages.  The OpenWire connection is unaffected and
continues filling the Queue.  I have since upgraded to ActiveMQ 5.3 because
there were some issues fixed related to Stomp connection, but still see the
same issue.  The only exception that is displayed in the log is at the
bottom of this post.

I'm going to continue to look for a test case to reproduce my error, but in
the mean time thought I would poll the experts for some advice.

Thanks,
Ben

Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Connection Dispatcher: /127.0.0.1:3047"
java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.LegacyFrameTranslator.convertMessage(LegacyFrameTranslator.java:69)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.convertMessage(ProtocolConverter.java:594)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompSubscription.onMessageDispatch(StompSubscription.java:92)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.ProtocolConverter.onActiveMQCommand(ProtocolConverter.java:576)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompTransportFilter.oneway(StompTransportFilter.java:56)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.dispatch(TransportConnection.java:1190)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processDispatch(TransportConnection.java:779)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.iterate(TransportConnection.java:815)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.DedicatedTaskRunner.runTask(DedicatedTaskRunner.java:98)
        at
org.apache.activemq.thread.DedicatedTaskRunner$1.run(DedicatedTaskRunner.java:36)