activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Benoitx <beno...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 5.2 config not working with 5.3
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:31:15 GMT

Hi Dejan,

Thanks for replying. Yes the machine is in /etc/hosts

It seems to work with IP address (glad!) but it worked with the hostname
with ActveMQ 5.2... so something in amq has changed...

suggestions?

Thanks

Benoit



Dejan Bosanac wrote:
> 
> Hi Benoit,
> 
> I'd first check if you can telnet to those ports on the specified machine.
> Also, it might be a dns issue; do you have speedy in /etc/hosts or
> something? Also, did you try using ip address insted of server alias?
> 
> Cheers
> --
> Dejan Bosanac - http://twitter.com/dejanb
> 
> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
> 
> 
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Benoitx <benoitx@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just tried to upgrade to 5.3 and I do not have any communication
>> between 2 servers under Unix (seems ok under XP).
>>
>> The installation was working ok with 5.2 (except for large files split in
>> multi messages).
>>
>> I have JBoss with embedded ActiveMQ listening on port 27000
>> I have Mule with embedded ActiveMQ listening on port 28000; both static
>> tcp.
>>
>> Both running on the same Solaris machine (called speedy)
>>
>> I'd be extremely grateful if someone could make a suggestion...
>>
>> I'm more than happy to help debugging if required...
>>
>> I now get this with DEBUG level on the Mule log which is trying to send
>> something to JBoss:
>> (more config info below)
>>
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:12,356 WARN  [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector#?]
>> (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@e0ada6:)
>> Could not start network bridge between: vm://appendium-esb-server and:
>> tcp://speedy:28000 due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:12,356 DEBUG [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector#?]
>> (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@e0ada6:)
>> Start failure exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>>        at
>> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>>        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>>        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.connect(TcpTransport.java:435)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doStart(TcpTransport.java:401)
>>        at
>> org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:53)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.start(WireFormatNegotiator.java:72)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.start(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:225)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector.onServiceAdd(DiscoveryNetworkConnector.java:130)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent$1.run(SimpleDiscoveryAgent.java:164)
>>        at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>>        at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:12,356 DEBUG [simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent#?] (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:)
>> Failure occured soon after the discovery event was generated.  It will be
>> clasified as a connection failure:
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent$SimpleDiscoveryEvent@7bacb
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:12,356 DEBUG [simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent#?] (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:)
>> Waiting 8000 ms before attepting to reconnect.
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:20,364 INFO  [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector#?]
>> (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:)
>> Establishing network connection from vm://appendium-esb-server to
>> tcp://speedy:28000
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:20,366 DEBUG [tcp.TcpTransport#?] (Simple Discovery
>> Agent:
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:) Stopping
>> transport
>> tcp://null:0
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:20,366 WARN  [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector#?]
>> (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:)
>> Could not start network bridge between: vm://appendium-esb-server and:
>> tcp://speedy:28000 due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:20,366 DEBUG [network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector#?]
>> (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@8c39d7:)
>> Start failure exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>>        at
>> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>>        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>>        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.connect(TcpTransport.java:435)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doStart(TcpTransport.java:401)
>>        at
>> org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:53)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.start(WireFormatNegotiator.java:72)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.network.DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.start(DemandForwardingBridgeSupport.java:225)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector.onServiceAdd(DiscoveryNetworkConnector.java:130)
>>        at
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent$1.run(SimpleDiscoveryAgent.java:164)
>>        at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>>        at
>>
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> 2009-11-05 10:32:20,366 DEBUG [simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent#?] (Simple
>> Discovery Agent: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@e0ada6:)
>> Failure occured soon after the discovery event was generated.  It will be
>> clasified as a connection failure:
>>
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.simple.SimpleDiscoveryAgent$SimpleDiscoveryEvent@7bacb
>>
>>
>> In Mule activemq-broker-config xml, I have:
>>
>> <transportConnectors>
>>   <transportConnector uri="tcp://speedy:27000" />
>> </transportConnectors>
>>
>> and
>> <networkConnector name="appendium-esb-server-to-jboss-server"
>> uri="static:(tcp://speedy:28000)" dynamicOnly="true">
>>        <dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>>                <!-- Only propagate those queues for consumers only -->
>>                <queue physicalName="queue.XXXXX" />
>>        </dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>> </networkConnector>
>>
>>
>> The JBoss config is in an RAR inside the EAR
>> with activeio-core-3.1.0.jar (is this the correct version? Do I need
>> this?)
>> and activemq-core-5.3.0.jar and activemq-ra-5.3.0.jar
>> xbean-spring-3.4.jar
>>
>> the JBoss broker config is:
>> <transportConnectors>
>>    <transportConnector uri="tcp://${server.host}:${amq.transportPort}" />
>> </transportConnectors>
>>
>> <networkConnectors>
>>   <networkConnector name="appendium-jboss-server-to-esb-server"
>> uri="static://(tcp://${esb.server.host}:${esb.server.amq.transportPort})"
>> dynamicOnly="true">
>>        <dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>>                <!-- We explicitly include these IF there is a listener on
>> the other side.
>> -->
>>                <queue physicalName="queue.YYYY" />
>>        </dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>> </networkConnector>
>>
>> JBoss is started with
>> server.host=speedy
>> amq.transportPort=28000
>> esb.server.host=speedy
>> esb.server.amq.transportPort=27000
>>
>> Am I missing something in my config?
>>
>> Has something dramatically changed between 5.2 and 5.3?
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Benoit
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> -----
>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> Benoit
>>
>> http://www.Appendium.com   http://objectlab.blogspot.com
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://old.nabble.com/5.2-config-not-working-with-5.3-tp26210281p26210281.html
>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 
> -----
> Dejan Bosanac
> 
> Open Source Integration - http://fusesource.com/
> ActiveMQ in Action - http://www.manning.com/snyder/
> Blog - http://www.nighttale.net
> 


-----
Thanks & Regards,

Benoit

http://www.Appendium.com   http://objectlab.blogspot.com

-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/5.2-config-not-working-with-5.3-tp26210281p26214523.html
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message