activemq-users mailing list archives

From bpmuser <>
Subject Re: ActiveMq-Cpp soConnectTimeout not working
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:00:58 GMT

Timothy Bish wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 08:50 -0800, bpmuser wrote:
> The failover transport is going to keep trying to reconnect here even if
> the soConnectTimeout causes the attempt to connect to fail.  Have you
> tried without the failover transport in the mix to see if
> soConnectTimeout is working?
> tcp://
> If you are looking for a way to have the connection fail when using the
> Failover transport then you'd probably want to set the
> maxReconnectAttempts value on the Failover transport as follows.
> failover:(tcp://
> Regards
> Tim.

Removing failover worked, but adding maxReconnectAttemps to the failover put
me into a lock again.

I started using failover since my program was disconnecting after a minute
of inactivity.  Is there a way to check the connection status and restore
lost connections without the failover? Or is there a way to stop the
disconnect after a minute of inactivity?