activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question about JMS tunneling through HTTPS
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:40:49 GMT

JMS is an API not a transport protocol. Each JMS provider has its own
transport or wire-level protocol. For example, one of AMQ's transport
protocols is called OpenWire
(http://activemq.apache.org/openwire-version-2-specification.html) which can
be tunneled over or through HTTP/S
(http://activemq.apache.org/http-and-https-transports-reference.html).