activemq-users mailing list archives

From nkhan00 <>
Subject Newbie question about JMS tunneling through HTTPS
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:09:06 GMT

I have a newbie question. First some background:

We have an application that sits in an environment where only outgoing HTTP
connections are allowed. This application needs to do two things: (1) send
data to a remote server over the internet (2) receive commands from the same
remote server. The occurence of (1) and (2) is completely independent of
each other. In other words, function (1) is invoked at random times, and
function (2) is also invoked at random times.

My question: can we use JMS tunneled through HTTPS to implement the above
two functions? HTTP is a request-response protocol, and the remote server is
not allowed to make HTTP requests to our application. So how does it send a
message using JMS-over-HTTPS? In other words I do not understand how
function (2) above will be realized.

Your help will be highly appreciated.