activemq-users mailing list archives

From Joe Fernandez <>
Subject Re: Queue Consumer and Failover setup
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:18:58 GMT

A connection is associated with only one broker. So you'd have to spawn two
threads and have each thread establish a connection to a different broker.

Thread 1's connection = failover://(tcp://host1:61616)
Thread 2's connection = failover://(tcp://host2:61616)

Using Camel, you'd simply create two JMS-based routes and have them both
pipe their messages to one  Spring-based MDP. All you'd have to do is write
the MDP. Check out Camel, it really helps cut down on development and is
very cool.