activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ client for ActiveMQ discarding messages before reaching the consumer
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:31:23 GMT
On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 15:20 +0000, Ian Newborn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to use ActiveMQ with the C++ API (CMS).
>
> Trying is the key phrase here.  On some clients when connecting to some
> servers the messages seem to be discarded somewhere inside the API.
> Using Wireshark we can see them arriving via the socket and the logging
> from ActiveMQ shows it reaching as far as the API.
>
> However, on clients that do work the message is responded to with an
> acknowledge and is also passed to the consumer.  On the clients that
> fail the messages aren't acknowledged and my consumer doesn't even know
> something has happened.
>
> There doesn't seem to be a reason why some machines can't connect to one
> server but can to another.  All exist on the same subnet and the only
> differences in the logs are from the unique ID's.
>
> It would be really helpful if someone knew how to get CMS to tells us
> why it has decided not to acknowledge some of these messages or if
> anyone knows of some setting we should be initialising by default and
> have might have missed?  All that we use currently the address of the
> server and the port number.

It would be helpful to know what version of the client you are using
along with some more info about your clients such as the acknowledgement
mode you are using, whether or not you are setting expiration times on
messages etc.  There's just not enough information here to give you a
definite answer.

Regards
Tim.

--