activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compact Framework Support for NMS
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:56:18 GMT
On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 15:37 -0800, JeffSmith wrote:
> Wow - ok... Thanks for the quick response.
>
> We were just in the process of designing a large application rewrite effort
> on using ActiveMQ as our message provider with the need for a mix of Windows
> CE handheld devices and full Windows XP devices at our many locations.
>
> What are our options for these Windows CE devices?  I just started reading
> about Apache Camel - but I'm not sure I fully understand it yet.  I know
> that OpenMQ has a product called UMS which is a middle layer that accepts
> HTTP requests and changes them to be messaging requests.  I haven't figured
> out if that is the sort of thing Camel does as well or not...  I think that
> sort of thing would work for us but I'm not sure if request/reply messaging
> is correctly supported when doing HTTP.  I believe IBM MQ Series has a
> similar thing, but I'm not sure yet.
>
> Is there some sort of ActiveMQ technique to accept these messaging requests
> from other "non-standard" languages or systems?
>
> Thanks - Jeff

ActiveMQ supports the Stomp protocol (see:
http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html ) this allows clients from many
different languages to connect to the broker.  Writing a simple Stomp
client is pretty easy since its an ASCII based protocol.  We plan to
provide an .NET Stomp client in the near future, you are welcome to
contribute.

Regards
Tim.

--