activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Moquin <fragility...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multicast Discovery and network connections
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:55:28 GMT
Here's the relevant portion of the stack trace which will show you what
happens when starting up a broker in it's default configuration without a
network connection.  This is also using the latest fuse distro (3.4.0.4). on
windows btw.  Basically, when the ActiveMQ Broker attempts to start, it will
fail due to there being no network connection.  It would be nice if maybe
the connection could be periodically restarted until the network connection
is available.. not sure what happens when the network connection goes down
if ActiveMQ is up, but it would be nice if it could handle it gracefully and
restore the multicast connection when the network is available again.
Hopefully there is already someway that this can be dealt with gracefully.

Ryan

ERROR - BrokerService                  - Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
Message Br
oker. Reason: java.net.SocketException: error setting options
java.net.SocketException: error setting options
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(Native Method)
        at
java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.join(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:17
2)
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.joinGroup(MulticastSocket.java:276)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryA
gent.start(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:297)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnector.start(TransportConnecto
r.java:244)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startTransportConnector(Brok
erService.java:1929)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.startAllConnectors(BrokerSer
vice.java:1875)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:495
)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBean
BrokerService.java:56)