activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Just how Durable is Durable?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 22:09:48 GMT

On 9 Oct 2009, at 22:40, RKParkJr wrote:

> A project I am working on what's to use the Durable Subscription
> policy.  The
> documentation I can find on it, implies that persistent messages
> sent to a
> durable subscriber will always get there, no matter how long it
> takes the
> client to return. I'm 100% sure that there is some limit but I'm not
> sure
> how to calculate this limit.
>
> Clearly, it's related to the number and/or size of my messages.  What
> configurations in ActiveMQ control how many messages or how much the
> size of
> my persisted messages can take up?  Or is there no such
> configuration and
> it's purely related to how much disk space I have under
> ${activemq.base}/data?  Or is it related to the Subscription Recovery
> Policy?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ron
>

> --

Hi Ron,

how durable is durable ? - is really only determined by how much disk
space is available. This is unique in open source messaging  to
ActiveMQ - in that the depth (number of messages) for a durable topic
or queue is only bound by the amount of disk space available.

thanks,

Rob Davies
http://twitter.com/rajdavies
I work here: http://fusesource.com