activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Doug" <dkni...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Configuring JavaScript-based app to connect to remote JMS topic
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:45:16 GMT
Hi Dejan,
I did have the embeddedBroker=false in my web.xml. It seems that the Jetty servlet isn't reading
the web.xml file? I really don't have any way to prove it though. I have a Java app that reads
xml from files and pumps it out to a topic, which I can feed to the remote ActiveMQ topic
successfully. I just can't seem to convince the servlet to connect to the remote topic instead
of the local one. I guess one simple test would be to modify the web.xml, which is used by
the other demo web apps that are part of the ActiveMQ distro, and see it they connect to the
remote ActiveMQ. If I get some time today I'll check that out.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: chubrilo@gmail.com [mailto:chubrilo@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dejan Bosanac
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:03 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring JavaScript-based app to connect to remote JMS topic

Hi Doug,

that should do the trick. You may also set

    <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.activemq.embeddedBroker</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
        <description>Whether we should include an embedded broker or
not</description>
    </context-param>

Do you have problems with connecting to the remote broker? If so, is there
anything in your log that point to the cause of the problem?

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net