activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Doug" <>
Subject Configuring javascript-based app to connect to remote JMS topic
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:47:37 GMT
Hi all,
I have recently created an app in JavaScript that subscribes to and consumes a topic offer
by the local ActiveMQ MB, using the Jetty server that came with ActiveMQ. What I want to do
is modify the configuration to tell the JavaScript app to connect to a remote ActiveMQ MB
instead of the local one. Both servers are on the same network. I access the web app using
something like:

I pretty much just copied the jetty definition in the activemq.xml file like so:

    <jetty xmlns="">
            <nioConnector port="8163"/>

            <webAppContext contextPath="/ClientPrototype" resourceBase="${activemq.base}/webapps/ClientPrototype"

I maintain the JavaScript under C:\apache-activemq-5.2.0\webapps\ClientPrototype. The WEB-INF
folder still exists just as it did in the delivered binary ActiveMQ package. To try to get
the servlet to talk to a remote MB, I modified the web.xml as follows:

    <!-- context config -->
        <!-- <param-value>vm://localhost</param-value> -->
        <description>The URL of the Message Broker to connect to</description>

I didn't change anything else in the web.xml file from the version that came with the distro.
What else do I need to change to get the servlet talking to a remote ActiveMQ topic? If there's
any additional info needed let me know and I'll provide it.