activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Granger <mitch.gran...@sophos.com>
Subject Re: Out of Memory on 5.3
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 00:07:58 GMT
Update: We've [nearly] proven that this only happens with AMQ running on
openVZ.  What exactly is causing it, we're still not sure.  After
memoryUsage is met, the number of threads skyrockets until we get
OutOfMemoryError.

It works just fine on regular hardware; We're going to try VMWare tomorrow.

One thing really worth mentioning is that by using the fileCursor we
actually started seeing it use the Temp Store.  When reading about
systemUsage it is NOT intuitive that the Temp Store does not come into
play with the default cursor.  Anyone keeping a significant volume of
messages on their queues should be well served by changing the cursor.