activemq-users mailing list archives

From roman hawk <romanh...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP Tunneling for Embedded Broker
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 05:34:26 GMT

I've the following use case:
According to ActiveMQ docs and code, it is possible to open http transport
from broker. Jetty server is started inside HttpTransportServer. Listener
from HttpTransportServer is registered in HttpTunnelServlet, which is
started inside Jetty.

I have an embedded broker. It is running essentially inside my servlet
container. So I'd like to reuse my servlet container (thus port 80) to open
HttpTunnel. So it looks like correct approach is to start HttpTunnelServlet
inside my container. The only connection with broker is
TransportAcceptListener. I've obtained this listener from VMTransportServer,
but I guess it is not the best approach (private field).

What is the best approach from architecture perspective? Create my own
transport? Use some Transport filter? Or am I missing something?