activemq-users mailing list archives

From elemur <pa...@lemur.org>
Subject Queue messages to Remote Brokers/Subscribers not seen
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:35:43 GMT

Hi,

I have a test ActiveMQ (5.3.0) setup where I have ActiveMQ running through a
spring-based configuration within my application.  I define a network
connector as multicast for my broker, and a transport connector with a tcp
connection and a multicast discovery URI.  One node sends the messages to
the local broker and the subscribers are on the other jvm connected to their
local broker.

To test this setup I tried having my application send some queue messages
between the two points, broker to broker, and I have also used Hermes to
subscribe to the queues and topics directly.

With using Hermes I can see the topic based messages flow across, but have
been unable to view queue messages either through the remote broker
subscription or via hermes.

I was thinking this might be due to the prefetch limit, but even when adding
jms.prefetchPolicy.all=1 to my brokerURL in hermes, I still don't see queue
messages remotely.

My server setting has the following configuration within spring (using
namespaces):

        <amq:broker>
        <amq:networkConnectors>
            <amq:networkConnector name="default-nc"
                                prefetchSize="1"
                                dynamicOnly="true"
                                networkTTL="3"
                                uri="multicast://default"/>
        </amq:networkConnectors>
        <amq:transportConnectors>
            <amq:transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"
                   discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
        </amq:transportConnectors>
    </amq:broker>

Is there a good place for me to start in debugging this?  It seems as if
this should be working but of course, if it was I would be seeing queue
messages presumably.

Thanks!