activemq-users mailing list archives

From bravegag <brave...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: createTopic on the fly specifying constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:38:25 GMT

Gary Tully wrote:

> The constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy is only applicable to topics. For
> queues, there is no way to have excess messages auto discarded except
> through message expiry.
> Will a topic work for your use case?

Hi Gary,

Many thanks for your reply. Indeed I said queues in general but in concrete
I am using Topics.

I found a solution to my problem. I just name my Topics using a predefined
name pattern preffix e.g. Milestone{0} so I add a policy using wildcards to
match all Topics named starting with that prefix; it seems to work.

Many thanks once more.
Best regards,
Giovanni