activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Stewart <rds6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven + ActiveMQ + my own code
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:33:05 GMT

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> <!--
> Camel JMSProducer to be able to send messages to a remote Active MQ
> server
> -->
> <bean id="jms"
> class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
>     <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
>
> </bean>

Configures a camel component named "jms" to connect to a broker at the
default port on localhost.

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> <bean id="connectionFactory"
> class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
>     <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
>
> </bean>

Configures an ActiveMQ connection factory to connect to a broker at the
default port on localhost.

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> <bean id="transactionManager"
> class="org.springframework.jms.connection.JmsTransactionManager">
>     <property name="connectionFactory" ref="connectionFactory" />
>
> </bean>

Lets you manage JMS transactions with Spring's transaction management.

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:

> http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html

That's the same URL I linked in my post.

Nothing that you posted here starts a broker. It all connects to an
already-running broker. If you were to change the URLs from
tcp://localhost:61616 to vm://localhost, then an embedded broker named
"localhost" would be started the first time a connection is made.

My question remains: can the Maven plugin run ActiveMQ and include the Maven
classpath so it finds my classes?