activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Stewart <>
Subject Re: Maven + ActiveMQ + my own code
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:21:45 GMT

Mick Knutson-3 wrote:
> If you use Spring, you can have Spring start an  embedded broker for you
> in
> a unit test like:

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. I don't see anywhere in that post
that you start up a broker. This is a fine reference for starting and
embedded broker:

I've done something like that using a BrokerService in unit tests, but what
I'm looking for here is a way to start a standalone ActiveMQ broker that's
running a little bit of custom code. The plugin seems ideal for this, and it
was extremely easy to configure, but when I add the extra beans, supported
by the custom code, to the activmemq.xml, this problem arises.