activemq-users mailing list archives

From DavidLevy <>
Subject "too many open files" error with 5.3 and Stomp
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:46:42 GMT

I had the issue with 5.2 and now that I installed 5.3 last night, it still
the same, or even worse.
It basically looks like this issue :

After a short time (1 hour or so) the broker is filled with errors like 'too
many open files' and I have to restart activemq.

I don't believe it's a performance issue because
- the host server is strong
- there are less than 10 queues
- there are less than 10000 messages

I assume it has to do also with Stomp connections not being released.
I am using both PHP and Python clients. I believe the issue is related to
PHP clients that may be more error prone if the Apache threads die
improperly ...

I ll attach my current config file.

Any help is welcome !

Thanks :) activemq.xml