activemq-users mailing list archives

From RKParkJr <ronald.p...@cbs.com>
Subject Just how Durable is Durable?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 21:40:20 GMT

A project I am working on what's to use the Durable Subscription policy.  The
documentation I can find on it, implies that persistent messages sent to a
durable subscriber will always get there, no matter how long it takes the
client to return. I'm 100% sure that there is some limit but I'm not sure
how to calculate this limit.

Clearly, it's related to the number and/or size of my messages.  What
configurations in ActiveMQ control how many messages or how much the size of
my persisted messages can take up?  Or is there no such configuration and
it's purely related to how much disk space I have under
${activemq.base}/data?  Or is it related to the Subscription Recovery
Policy?

Thanks in advance,
Ron