activemq-users mailing list archives

From linuca <lin...@mailinator.com>
Subject temporary or durable queue?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 19:48:41 GMT

Hi Eveybody!

I need to build a solution with ActiveMQ. I've been reading a lot, using the
examples and I think a have a good understanding to start coding. I just
want to ask for some suggestions first.

I have to build a web site, where the users will log in and view/modify
their data. This data is spread in different systems, programmed in
different languages (supported by ActiveMQ). So the best approach I think is
the following:

- one standalone broker
- synchronous request/reply messaging
- point-to-point dynamic temporary queues
- QueueReceiver with timeout

Is this ok? Or should I use persitent queues? In which scenarios should I
use which?

Thanks in advance.