activemq-users mailing list archives

From rubinod <webaccou...@rubino.co.uk>
Subject ActiveMQ/Tomcat/Spring Query
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:04:16 GMT

Hi all,

I have a number of separate applications deployed to a Tomcat instance each
of which communicate with each other via Active MQ topics/queues.

At the moment I am using a stand alone ActiveMQ broker on the same host as
the Tomcat instance.

Eventually the apps will be run in front of a load balancer and I would like
to have replication setup for the active mq brokers aswell.

What I would like to do is have each tomcat instance start up a single
container wide broker automatically i.e. configured as a resource. I would
then like to just grab the factory via a spring jndi lookup in each of my
deployed apps.

I have seen a few examples but none of them are quite whaty I am after -
does anyone on here have any advice on this or an example perhaps?

Questions that arise include how would I ensure there was message
replications between the tomcat activemq brokers?

Thanks