activemq-users mailing list archives

From jimmymartin <jamesmar...@paypal.com>
Subject Re: ava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to fork OS thread - 5.2.0 broker
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:49:43 GMT

This is actually quite difficult to do but we are working on it. One thing I
forgot to mention is that we see errors opening files:

2009-09-25 00:05:38,701 [localhost:14397] ERROR TransportConnector
- Could not accept connection : Too many open files

Apparently the OS has a 1024 limit on open files - we will increase this
value but would appreciate guidance about what the number should be. Is is
possible this issue is contributing to the out of memory exception?

Thanks again,
Jimmy