activemq-users mailing list archives

From nkleinsch <nklein...@lucidmedia.com>
Subject Re: Latency causing throughput problems in ActiveMQ 5.2
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:33:03 GMT

Adding some of the things I've tried in case they'd be of help to other
people in the future.

- Disabled producer flow control
(http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html) - Did nothing for
client throughput

- Switched pendingSubscriberPolicy to a VM cursor
(http://activemq.apache.org/message-cursors.html) - Did nothing for client
throughput

- Tried changing the prefetch limit
(http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html) - Did
nothing for client throughput. Given that the default was the max value for
nonpersistent topics, I didn't think this would do anything, but tried it
just in case.

- Set Async Sends on the producer
(http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html) - Did nothing for client
throughput. This was also the default, but checked it to make sure.

Is there anything else I haven't tried here that could help improve
performance? I've read through all the FAQs and performance documents and am
running out of ideas.

- Nick