activemq-users mailing list archives

From davidh <>
Subject Re: embedded broker with admin web-console
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:09:02 GMT

Hi Lyall, Dejan,

Regarding Dejan's advice:

Yes telnet localhost 1099 and 61616  is accepted and clearly something is
I am going back and forth trying stuff out with tomcat 5.x and 6.x...
More later.

Regarding Lyall's issues:

I find that some (older) wars that work in tomcat 5.x look for
lib under the 'common' subdirectory (which no longer exists in tomcat 6)
and will fail in tomcat 6.x unless $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib is present.
So shutdown your tomcat and try:

mkdir  $TOMCAT_HOME/common ; pushd $TOMCAT_HOME/common ; ln -s ../lib

and restart tomcat.