activemq-users mailing list archives

From SRienstra <>
Subject Dead letter queue per consumer
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 13:45:14 GMT

I'm trying to get a dead letter queue per consumer of a topic with multiple
durable consumers. This is useful because when a client fails to process
messages, it can later retry to process these messages.

I searched how I could set this up, I couldn't find a way to do this, but I
found this post:

This is the exact problem I have, the given solution is to create a virtual
topic. I tried this but i still get only one dead letter queue per topic.

My topic is called:

My consumer listens on queue:

The dead letter queue is:

I tried Activemq 5.2.0 and 5.3.SNAPSHOT (downloaded today (6-10-2009)).

Does anyone know how i can achieve a dead letter queue for each consumer ?
Or an other way how to detect wich consumer failed to process a specific