activemq-users mailing list archives

From xbryan <br...@vancameron.net>
Subject Prefetch=0 not allowed with Spring MDP?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:42:19 GMT

On the ActiveMQ pages, it states that "When using Spring JMS and
MessageDrivenPojo, you cannot use a prefetch of 0, so use 1 instead."
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

Is this old information? There seems to be a fair bit of old information on
the ActiveMQ website, so I can't tell if this is still correct. I am using
prefetch=0 with Spring MDP, and things seem to work. I have mostly slow
consumers, so I want messages distributed as consumers free up.

The only problem I notice is that ActiveMQ takes forever to shutdown when
prefetch=0.