activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ CPP library Size
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 00:13:24 GMT
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 16:38 -0700, yesnid wrote:
> Tim,
>
> Can you point me at what we might be doing wrong as far as the build that
> causes it to be so large, we are doing a get and then opening the project in
> VS2k8 and saying build solution, should we be doing something else? Also why
> is the linux lib so much larger than the windows version?

I don't know why your Windows DLL would be so large, are you sure you
aren't looking at the size of the static lib?

The Linux shlib is built with the -g option to preserve information
that's useful in back-tracing a crash, if you run the strip command on
it that information is removed, reducing the size of the library.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com