activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ CPP library Size
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:49:33 GMT
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 14:46 -0700, yesnid wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am trying to get some of my compatriots to use ActiveMQ but they are
> saying that the C++ library is 400+ MB in size when they compile it for
> windows, we compiled the linux version and got an approximately 35MB
> library. I am sure especially with the windows one that this can be a much
> smaller library, I only need the client capabilities, the broker is on a
> separate box, If any one could give help/proof in showing that these
> libraries do not have to be this large I would appreciate it. Thank you!

The dynamic libraries on Windows are pretty small, the release build of
the dll is about 6.5 MB, and the debug version is around 9 MB.

You can run the strip command on the linux library further reduce its
size, although you won't get any meaningful stack traces from it should
there any crashes.

Regards
Tim.

--