activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Gabe Westmaas" <>
Subject Re: NMS / ActiveMQ 5.3 / "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:20:05 GMT
We see the same exception against a 5.1 broker, although we have not been able to pin down
exactly when it happens, and it certainly isn't as frequently as every 60 seconds.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Timothy Bish" <>
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 10:47am
Subject: Re: NMS / ActiveMQ 5.3 / "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

On Sun, 2009-10-11 at 19:49 -0700, lujan99 wrote:
> using "Assembly Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ, Version"
> when I use:
>      connection = CreateConnection();
>      connection.ExceptionListener += new ExceptionListener(OnException);
>      session = connection.CreateSession(this.SessionAcknowledgeMode);
> each 60 seconds I get a exception :
>       "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."
> its not necessary a message.... is automatic.
> someone is using NMS with ActiveMQ 5.3?

This isn't a known issue, if you could open a Jira issue against NMS to
document the problem and attach a short but complete sample to
demonstrate the issue we can try and reproduce the problem and get a fix
into the next NMS release.  Have you run against a 5.2 broker with the
version of NMS that's giving you this exception?  If so did you see the
same error?

Tim Bish

View raw message