activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMS Interface vs Active MQ interface
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:54:13 GMT
On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 13:21 -0700, Michael Dehmlow wrote:
> We are using active mq 3.0.1 for a while now and a debate has started as to
> what interface to use when implementing a client. Is the goal of the cms
> interface to segregate the caller from an implementation specific
> interface(activeMQ)? Is there any performance lost or gained by using the
> cms interface? Are there any other aspects of the two we should consider?

The CMS API is really just a bunch of classes with all pure virtual
methods (an Interface).  There really isn't any reason to write your
code such that it casts everything returned from the API to the ActiveMQ
types, you would only really need to do this if you wanted to take
advantage of the methods that are available in the ActiveMQ
implementation that aren't exposed via the CMS interfaces.

Regards
Tim.

--
Tim Bish