activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Doug" <dkni...@mitre.org>
Subject Chat JavaScript example
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:45:25 GMT
All,
>From the JavaScript-based chat example, and various all-similar sources for how to configure
it (i.e. see http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Integrating+with+ActiveMQ for example),
I don't understand how the JavaScript client knows what server to connect to. There is mentioned
some info about adding to the web.xml, but is this used by the JavaScript app or the Jetty
server on the server side? I've tried to "clone" the chat app to model my app after it (accessing
a remote JMS topic to retrieve XML data, and display on a GIS map), with no success. I never
get connected to the CHAT.DEMO topic. Any help on configuring both the client and server sides
for a JavaScript app would be greatly appreciated. Once I get this working, I'd even be willing
to share detailed info on the configuration I had to setup.

Doug