activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Knight, Doug" <dkni...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Can't download/open ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:40:19 GMT
Is this what you were looking for:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.tar.gz

It's an older version, latest is 5.2.0.

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: cresur [mailto:cresur@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:22 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Can't download/open ActiveMQ

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.5.8. Following the official installation instructions for
Unix…

> wget
> http://activemq.apache.org/path/tofile/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.tar.gz

I get:

> Resolving activemq.apache.org... 140.211.11.130
> Connecting to activemq.apache.org[140.211.11.130]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 08:16:32 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Trying instead…

> curl -O
> http://activemq.apache.org/path/tofile/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.tar.gz

I get the file, but can't get it to extract with 'tar xvfz', 'tar zxvf',
renaming it to .tar and using just 'tar xf', etc. When I try to extract it
'manually', in finder, with Archive Utility, it never ends. When I try to
open it with Zipeg, it says it's not a valid .gz file.

I've seen someone saying somewhere that downloading stuff with curl instead
of wget might change the file header, so that's why it's not being
recognized. But I can't get it with wget, so what can I do?