activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Gies <andr...@soa-knowledge.net>
Subject Re: Producers hang under load with AMQ 5.2
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 05:39:13 GMT
Hi there,

I am wondering how many consumers there are on the topic and if there
are any slow consumers that
can't keep up with the messaging load. Without having verified it, it
seems that your app hangs in the
the send message waiting for the response from the broker. That would
happen, if the sending application
can't place the message in the broker.

One thing strikes me odd....if all of your consumers keep consuming,
that shouldn't happen. So it might
be a starting point to double check them.

As for the Advisory messages: Yes, thats normal. For more details on
advisories see
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html. You *could turn
advisories off,
but you need to remember to reenable them if you are switching to a
network of brokers
some day ;)

Hope that helps a bit
Andreas